Friday was Anya's Valentine's Party at school. I made heart shaped jello jigglers for the snack. The kids devoured them! I made two batches thinking I'd have leftovers to take to Ally in her Mom's Day Out class, but the kids just kept asking for more (one boy had 4ths). The party was fun, but wild. We strung heart shaped marshmallows onto licorice strings to make bracelets, had a relay race carrying spoonfuls of hearts across the room, and played valentine picture bingo.
Anya's best preschool pal Ella
B-I-N-G-O
Saturday morning we took the girls out to celebrate at Build a Bear (a tradition I was dumb enough to start). I told them we had too many animals (plus we're broke), and that we were just going to pick out outfits this time. Anya was a little disappointed, so I agreed to let them stroll their animals into the mall. It was super cute, but not the best idea on a busy Saturday.
They had lots of fun shopping. Anya wanted everything, and had to be frequently reminded not to be greedy. Ally was very easy to please, and seemed happy with the first thing she picked.
Ally's Love Bug
Saturday night Josh & I got to have a date night. Although not too exciting we did have some good Chinese food, and Josh was kind enough to let me do a little shopping at the Galleria while we were in the area. Sunday he was on call, so I had the little valentines all to myself. Ally was sick- puking, so it was a very low key day. I did manage to make some heart shaped sandwiches & pancakes though. Anya thinks I should make everything heart shaped now.
No comments:
Post a Comment