the cutest blog on the block

Monday, February 8, 2010

Ice Skating

Over the weekend we met some friends at the St. Louis Mills outlet mall for some lunch, shopping, and ice skating. Ice skating was Anya's idea. She first started talking about it after watching a Max & Ruby episode where they flooded the yard & made an ice rink (she of course wanted to do the same). Then she saw figure skating on TV and was hooked. She wanted an outfit for herself, and one for her penguin from Build a Bear. So Saturday we decided to indulge her fantasy and get a little shopping in too!

Josh and I figured out it had been about 12 years since we'd been ice skating! It felt like it too when I stepped on the ice. I could barely keep myself up, much less support Anya. We made it once around and I thought well that's it let's go, but Anya kept at it. Josh took her, and by the end she was going around by herself. I was very impressed that she didn't quit because she fell down a lot. She's already talking about going back.

Ally loved it too, but never really got the hang of it. I was trying to help her skate, but she wouldn't put any weight on her feet so it was like carrying her (all 32 lbs) around the ice rink. Poor Josh killed his back taking her around "again" & "again"! I felt bad that I didn't help more, but I was afraid I was going to kill us both. It was lots of fun though, and we will definetly go back.











Buddies
Brynn & Anya

1 comment:

Marla said...

The girls looks so grown up! Phil and I went ice skating in KC in December and I'd been before, but it took about 10x around the rink before I felt comfortable doing it! The pros make it look so easy!