Our first kid party at the YMCA was a success!! I think we had about 23 kids show up, and several parents stayed too. Anya was on cloud nine! The cake turned out beautiful, and tasted yummy too. The cookies my mom & I worked so hard on turned out great, until we packed them up to move them & the plastic stuck to the icing! We used gel icing for the eyes & lips and it just wouldn't set up. We at least we had the top layer that still looked pretty.
The kids had a blast playing together on the foam playhouse structure, and with all the toys. Then after cake & ice cream they got to go to the bouncy house in the gym. The party was only 1 1/2 hours but it was just enough time to keep everyone happy. I was really pleased with the party, a bit exhausted, but Anya's beaming smile made me forget about all that.
No comments:
Post a Comment