the cutest blog on the block

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Bunk Beds!!

I've been debating for awhile on what to do about new beds for the girls. Ally had the crib that we had converted into a toddler bed in her room , and Anya was still sleeping in the toddler bed in her room that we bought when she was 2. They both still fit in their beds, but I thought it was getting a little silly to have a 5 year old in a toddler bed. Our other problem was that they wanted to be together at night. Which was fine, but Ally insisted on sleeping in a sleeping bag next to Anya's bed. So we had one kid on the floor, and the other "big" kid in a toddler bed!

That's when I decided to look for new beds. After debating about bunk beds vs. a trundle bed, and driving Josh crazy, I decided we needed bunk beds. Well we got them, and so far things are going very well (knock on wood). We haven't had any problems with anyone climbing all over, or falling off. Ally just usually goes up to kiss Anya good night and that's all. We took the crib down in Ally's room, and she now has the toddler bed just in case we need some separation.

Here's some pictures of the very happy girls in their new beds!







4 comments:

Marla said...

I love it! Is that the same bedding Anya used to have in her Derby room? I think it's so cute!

Michelle Osborn said...

Avery and McKenna love sharing a room. So far, anyway. The worst thing about bunk beds is changing the sheets!

Cute pix!

Brandi said...

Hi Marla & Michelle,
Thanks for the comments!

That IS the same bedding Anya had in Derby, I bought it at TJ Max.

Josh has been assigned sheet changing duty, and he's already had to do it 3 times because of accidents. Poor guy it takes him 20 mins I bet.

Anonymous said...

Great collection of Kids Bunk Bed for decorating your modern kids room.