the cutest blog on the block

Saturday, March 28, 2009

Snowed In

Josh is working in Goodland this weekend, so I'm snowed in alone with the girls. Anya has been driving me crazy, wanting to go out and play in the snow ever since the "S" word was used on the news Thursday. Yesterday all we got was sleet. It actually covered the ground in white, probably about an inch of little ice pellets. Anya insisted that it was snow. I should have just let her out so she could fall down, and see for herself, but I didn't. Today we finally have about 4 inches of snow on the ground, and the girls both got to go out and play!! Anya loves it, and Ally seemed to enjoy it more than last time.

We've been out twice. Anya crawled around pretending to be a polar bear, and Ally just wandered around, until she discovered she could eat the snow. They both loved eating the snow, but I forgot to put out a bowl to catch some for snow ice cream. On our second trip out we made a snow man. It was quite fun, except for having a hard time finding things to make a face with- I used suckers for eyes, a grape for the nose, and easy cheese for the mouth. I enjoy playing in the snow, but I hate the hot chocolate afterwards. The girls make a huge mess!! Here's some pictures...



Ready To Go!



Yum Yum




Snow Wrestling



Weeee



Snow Angels



Ta Dah!

Swim Anyone?



No comments: