the cutest blog on the block
Sunday, March 22, 2009
Garage Sale
We've checked another thing off our list of "things to do" before we move, and had a very successful garage sale last week. Karen sold her maternity clothes and made $79, and I sold a little of everything and made $888! It was so much work, but thankfully I had some help. Ryan, Karen and the girls were visiting over spring break so they got to help, and my mother stayed all week helping me out with everything. Josh got the brunt of the work, carrying boxes out of the basement. The largest item was our old entertainment center that we sold for $40, and the rest was a lot of quarters & dimes. One very interesting man bought our old bathroom mirror that he was going to use to finish off his room of mirrors in his house, and to add to your visual, he also bought a half used bottle of baby oil. I put the ad on craigslist, and got a crazy lady that showed up on Wednesday night before the sale even started, wanting to look around. I let her, and then she showed up the next morning before 8, to tell me a piece of the toy she bought was missing. It wasn't - the piece she wanted was a whole separate toy, and of course she wanted it for free. I did however sell a lady a DVD box set without any DVDs inside! She was very nice when she brought them back, and luckily I found them for her. All in all it was a pretty mild sale, no one got knocked down or cussed at. Don't ask - my family has a long history of garage selling. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment