Anya had her parent teacher conference last Thursday. I was expecting to hear all good things, since I hadn't heard otherwise, and it was all good. Anya can recognize almost all of her letters (she gets M/N & I/T mixed up), she is great with numbers (I guess she can count higher than the teacher wants to listen to), she is writing her name (although it's still backwards a lot of the time), she listens well & follows directions, and best of all she is kind and plays well with everyone (not falling into the little cliques). She does however have some speech problems (r & s mainly) that will probably have to be addressed in Kindergarten. I was surprised to hear that her speech wasn't normal - I thought she just talked like a little kid.
Her class has been working on learning the books of the Bible, so far she's up to Daniel (that #27 by the way). I have really appreciated how the school has combined learning the basics along with learning about Jesus. Anya is also learning her letter sounds as well as the sign language for that letter, and then a little saying about each one. A goes like this...(make the A sign) A says Ahh, A says Ahh, Noah built an ark, Ah Ah Ah. It's very cute. Ally has also caught on, she knows the letters/signs A & B (working on C). I wish I had put Ally in 2 year old preschool, but that's another story. Here's some of Anya's artwork, and a video clip of the books of the bible...

This is a dove in case you can't tell

I thought using the animal crackers was super cute

The farm animals, I was really impressed with the toilet paper roll cow.
Check out the the version of the books of the Bible Anya is learning on You Tube
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ixMvFdeo-F0
1 comment:
Whata church are you going to? Looks like they have a great pre-school.
Post a Comment