the cutest blog on the block

Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Black Friday

We are staying here for Thanksgiving, and Josh is on call Thanksgiving day (that means working at the hospital until Friday around noon). Am I upset about that? No, not really. We are going to have our big Thanksgiving dinner on Saturday - no biggie.

What I am upset about is the fact that he won't be home until Friday at noon, and then who knows what kind of shape he'll be in. What's the big deal about Friday you ask? It's Black Friday!The Super Bowl of shopping!! I've been training all year!

I've been sweating about it for days, trying to come up with someone to watch the kids. I need a babysitter starting about 3 a.m. Well I'm afraid I'm out of luck, so I've come to the conclusion that the kids are coming with me. Not at 3 a.m. of course, what kind of mother would do that? But I will probably take them out once they get up around 8 a.m. or so.

Have I lost my mind? Maybe. A worker at Wal-Mart did get trampled last year, but that was at store opening. We'll be there way after the initial rush, and the girls will be safely contained in the shopping cart happily feasting on all the snacks I'll be bringing (one can only dream).

Last year while out shopping on Black Friday, I commented that I can't believe people actually bring their kids out shopping on such a crazy day. Well, I promise to never judge people like that again. I'm not sure if I'll really take the girls out before Josh gets home (I will, who am I kidding. I've already got stuff on hold at Gymboree that has to be picked up by noon), but don't worry I'll get out sometime on Friday - I won't let my family down.

2 comments:

Karen said...

Babysitter, schmaysitter. The girls are asleep at 3 a.m. You'd be back before they ever woke up...

Marla said...

I have to admit, Karen, that terrible thought has crossed my mind before! You are very brave, Brandi, but I know you can do it, and you're right, by 8am, hopefully the crazy shoppers will be done!