Tuesday I took Anya to get her immunizations up to date before she starts preschool. She got 2 combo shots, one in each leg. She did excellent and did not even flinch. Wednesday we met some friends at Chuck E Cheese, and she was still going strong, no sign that she had even gotten shots. By late that afternoon her left leg had a red swollen spot, and she was complaining that it itched. Today the spot was huge taking up a good portion of her thigh; it was red, swollen, and hot to the touch. Of course I couldn't get an appointment on base so I had to get a referral for the urgent care clinic.
Today I really missed my doctor's wife privileges I had gotten accustomed to at McConnell. At McConnell Josh could have just looked at it, and had another doc put in the prescription. Then he could have just brought the medicine home with him.
Back to reality, she was prescribed two antibiotics, one in case of a staph infection, and another to cover all other infections. Then we had to go to base to get the prescriptions filled. It was a long afternoon.
This all wouldn't have been so bad, except for Ally is coming down with a cold, and woke up with a low temp. She was very whiny, and needed to be home taking a nap. I could barely get diner on the table before she crashed. I should have just put her to bed before diner because she only took a couple of bites. Did I mention Josh is on call tonight? I really hope I don't end of taking Ally to the doctor tomorrow, and repeating today.
2 comments:
That sucks. I am so sorry. Good luck!
Poor baby!
I have to take Ella to the dentist on Monday, and I HATE it watching a child endure pain. I would rather suffer myself than watch it.
Ryan
Post a Comment