I Like-
- The floor plan - it's been great having the laundry on the same floor as the bedrooms, it's also nice to have the master bedroom completely separated from the girl's rooms -they don't drag their junk into our room, and I like the fact that there's not so many stairs.
- The windows - There are lots of windows looking out to the backyard, so I can easily keep an eye on the girls while I do my housework. The blinds on the window are also cool, they can come down from the top to let in light without losing privacy.
- The laundry room - it's an actual room, not a hallway. I'm in love with my new gas dryer, we've had electric for so long I forgot how fast clothes could dry!
- The basement - it's much larger, and finished much nicer than the basement we had in Derby. It has a bathroom, something we didn't have before! Josh is in love with the wet bar, he finally has a place for Mr. Beer. I love the storage space - actually more than we had before which was a lot (we need it though, because the garage stinks).
- The mail box - it's so much fun to have a mail box right in front of our house, the girls go out everyday to check for mail.
- The girl's bathroom- bigger with two sinks, no more fighting over who goes first.
I Dislike -
- Bedrooms - smaller sizes overall
- Master Bathroom - our bathroom before was huge, so it's hard to compare, but this one is narrow with a small shower. It also has a not so great blue rose wall paper border, the owners were kind enough to leave the matching shower curtain though.
- Master Closet - smaller, no room for my beloved vanity table.
- The garage - Also hard to compare because he had an enormous garage before, but this one is a small two car with no shelves for storing anything. Josh's truck won't fit.
- The kitchen - it's actually very similar to what we had just not upgraded. The whole house throughout could use some updating with the lights & fixtures. The floor is linoleum, the counters are green laminate, and the whole kitchen including the eating area is wallpapered with an ivy, red daisy, and plaid combination paper.
- The Dining Room - there's not one
- The Fireplace - it's electric, just flip a switch
- The carpet - on the main level it's pretty dirty looking, and the color is too light for a family with kids and pets.
- The backyard - no pool, weird drainage ditch problem running along the fence, small deck with no patio for our lawn furniture
- The porch - small, no room for our wicker furniture
- The neighborhood - although nice & quiet on a cul-de-sac, I miss the pond we had in Derby, and there's no community pool.
So that's the list, I think we're pretty lucky to have found this place, even with all the little things I don't like. The location is great, just five minutes from church, five minutes to Anya's new preschool, five minutes to shops & restaurants, 10 minutes to base, and 20 minutes to the hospital. The house is also $200 under our housing allowance, we actually stayed within our budget for once!!
2 comments:
Are you allowed to paint or anything, or are you stuck with the ugly wallpaper?
We asked about the wallpaper, and got no response. I haven't pushed the issue, because it's going to be a lot of work to take down. We can paint as long as we paint it back to cream when we move out. I'm not sure if we're going to do anything.
Post a Comment