- Anya finally got up the nerve to sit on Santa's lap. She smiled and talked like it was no big deal. I also paid $14 bucks for the photo. :) Ally won't even let me get near Santa.
- Our Pre-Christmas at home was nice and relaxed. When Anya unwrapped presents she would say, "This is what I've wanted my whole life." Ally would also get excited and jabber something I couldn't understand a word of. I think Ally enjoyed the unwrapping as much as she did the gifts.
- We made it to my nephew's, Chandler, 11th birthday party on Dec. 21. It was a big deal because I had to be organized so we could have our Christmas at home, and get all packed up before we left. Then I taught Sunday school that morning before the 4.5 hr drive by myself. Ally is not a good traveler. :(
- I got to see the tumbleweeds take over my home town (more on that later).
- My mom and I made enough Christmas candy for a small army. The girls got to play with their cousins, and make more gingerbread houses.
- Josh joined us on Christmas Eve, and we went to a candlelit church service. Anya walked in front of Josh's candle and her hair caught on fire! Luckily Josh was cool headed, and quickly put it out. I didn't even know about it until after the fact. She only has a small spot that was singed.
- Santa brought the girls a power wheels car that they adore. Ally spent most of Christmas day just sitting in the car. The girls also got fancy babies with wooden bunk beds from my parents. They love-love-love their dolls. They influence each other a lot with what they like to play. Ally will play with Anya's barbies & ponies, and then Anya will play kitchen and dolls with Ally. They are really cute together, until they start fighting over toys. :)
We had a really great Christmas. I managed not to stress out as much as last year. Josh was kind enough to remind me that Christmas is really for kids, and they don't care if everything is perfect. Hopefully next year I'll be able to relax and enjoy the holiday even more. Hope you all had a great holiday too!
2 comments:
What did you stress out about? We did our family xmas early also since we were going to be in Abilene on xmas day. Santa knew and just came to our house early. yeah! Sounds like you guys had a great Christmas! I'm glad!
I'm not sure exactly why, but Christmas makes me crazy! I've decided Easter is my favorite holiday now. :)
Post a Comment