While I was at my parent's house over the holiday, I got to experience tumbleweeds like never before. They starting rolling in the morning of the 22nd, and mid morning we had to move the cars out of the drive, because the tumbleweeds were surrounding them. As the day progressed the weeds just kept piling up on the front porch, eventually blocking the front door. We used the backyard to come and go through out the day, but by the evening the yard was full and we couldn't even find a path out. Later that night my brother and cousins came to help us escape our tumbleweed prison. :) I helped clear out the porch by throwing the tumbleweeds up into the air and letting the wind carry them over the house. We could at least get out the front porch, but then all those weeds that were going over the house were landing the the backyard. The backyard weeds were piled up almost to the peak of the house. For several days the wind was too high to burn the weeds, so we just kept clearing the porch. It was crazy! When we left on the 26th there was a high wind advisory, and we ran out to the car dodging the weeds, and sealing our lips to keep the dirt out of our mouths. Poor Josh had to load the car in all that mess! My family is still burning weeds from the disaster that week. I've never seen so many tumbleweeds in all my life!
The Backyard Filling UpThe View From The Front Door
The Backyard Overflowing Into the Alley
Road Block
1 comment:
WOW! That is crazy. I have never seen such a thing!!
Post a Comment