the cutest blog on the block

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Relapse

Ally has been pacifier free since around the 1st of November. We had a little paci party, and the paci fairy came to visit during the night and brought her a Mickey Mouse blankie & stuffed animal. She took it really well, so well I wondered why we hadn't tried before (really I know why-because I wasn't ready to give up my instant cure all).

The last few weeks though she's regressed. First she found a paci in the bottom of the toy box and was so happy. She carried it around everywhere. I just watched her for awhile letting her have her fun, but then she put in her mouth so I took it away. She threw herself down on the floor, and threw a huge fit. She got put in timeout and that was that.

Then during nap a couple of days ago she was throwing yet another fit (anyone see a pattern here?) and started asking for daci (paci). I was a little thrown because she hadn't asked for one in such a long time. I quickly reminded her that she had her Mickey blankie now.

So today the girls were outside playing, and I look out to check on them and what do I see? Ally walking around with a pacifier in her mouth. She had found it outside so I know it had to be dirty, but she didn't care. Gross! Hopefully this will be our last incident for awhile. I thought I had thrown all the pacifiers out, but it seems she's squirreled them away!

No comments: