the cutest blog on the block

Thursday, September 17, 2009

Aloha Gurrieris

Our friends Dawn & Tony Gurrieri left Scott AFB last weekend to start the transition to their new base in Hawaii. It was amazing that we were at the same base even if just for a couple of months (which most likely won't happen again). Dawn is my best friend since kindergarten and Josh became friends with Tony at the Air Force Academy. Now they're married and have an adorable baby boy named Luke! Hopefully we'll be able to visit them in Hawaii, maybe for our 10th anniversary next summer! That would be cool, but I don't think I better get my hopes up.
The night before they left we went out to eat at a cool old fashioned soda fountain place. Tony's mom was in town to help with the move, so we got to see her again too. She was Josh's sponsor mommy while he was at the academy.


The girls introducing Luke to a little topless coloring.


Dawn and Little Luke (8 months)


Anya loves, I mean really loves Mrs. Gurrieri! She has ever since we visited them last summer in Denver. It only took her about an hour before Anya started calling her Grandma.

This was taken when both Mr. & Mrs Gurrieri were visiting over Labor Day. We had a cook out at our house, and had a great time! Josh's 10 year Academy reunion is next summer also, so hopefully we'll make it back to Colorado and see the Gurrieris then.

1 comment:

Marla said...

Looks like you guys had lots of fun! I can't believe how much Dawn looks like her mom! And Luke is so cute, I'm sure the girls loved playing with him.