Anya & Ally had their first tumbling class at the YMCA tonight. Anya did pretty great for it being her first time to ever do anything like that. She was asked to do somersaults all the way down the mat, and she took off like it was a race. She was trying so hard she stood right up on her head!
The teacher was pretty awful. She barked orders at the kids, not explaining things very well. She told a bunch of preschoolers to run a lap (they have no idea what a lap is) without any further explanation. I guess I just expected someone that was great with kids, with a more loving demeanor.

I'm debating about dropping the class. The teacher wasn't all bad, she knew what she was doing at least. Ally is really too young, but it's hard to always take Anya and leave her behind. I also didn't like that there were 9 kids in the class, instead of the 6 to 1 ratio that was advertised. As a plus another mom I've met is taking her kids too, so it's sort of a social event for me. But overall I was very disappointed with Tumbling Teddies, so I'm going to have to think about if it's worth my money.
I'm debating about dropping the class. The teacher wasn't all bad, she knew what she was doing at least. Ally is really too young, but it's hard to always take Anya and leave her behind. I also didn't like that there were 9 kids in the class, instead of the 6 to 1 ratio that was advertised. As a plus another mom I've met is taking her kids too, so it's sort of a social event for me. But overall I was very disappointed with Tumbling Teddies, so I'm going to have to think about if it's worth my money.
No comments:
Post a Comment