the cutest blog on the block

Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Moving Out & Moving In

Moving out was a little stressful. Most of the stress could have been avoided if I would have planned ahead, and packed up things we were taking with us ahead of time. Instead I scrambled at the last minute grabbing things here and there, making myself crazy! My mom was so much help with the girls while I did my last minute errands, etc. I would have been dead if she hadn't been able to come. We did have one problem, the "brown beast" a.k.a. the couch in the basement would not fit up the staircase. The movers wouldn't take it out the window (which is how it got down there in the first place), so we are one couch short now.






The moving in went much smoother. Since Josh had already been staying in our new house, he had cleaned everything, so I didn't have to do any of that. Yeah for Josh!! All I had to do for the move in was sit and check off the box numbers as the movers carried them in. The girls went to daycare on base while the truck was being unloaded. They had to get up really early to go with Josh when he went to work, and then he picked them up on his way home. Daycare was a first for us! I was worried about them, but they had a blast with all the other kids. Now I just have to unpack the 259 boxes that are piled up all over the house.


The girls pretending the packing paper is a pile of leaves



Taft likes the paper too

3 comments:

marla said...

It all looks very exciting! Glad the girls are enjoying the new place!

Karen said...

Do you like the house? It seems like it would be more overwhelming to know exactly how many boxes you have rather than just know it's a lot.

Brandi said...

The house is good. It's just hard to figure out where to put everything, especially in the kitchen.

I like to count down the boxes as I unpack them.