Josh is finally getting started on his first block of internship tomorrow. He's been in orientation for about a month. A block equals a month, and his first month is FPIS, Family Practice Inpatient Service. He'll be on call tomorrow which means he goes to work around 6:30 a.m. and gets off the next day at noon. Hopefully he'll be able to get some sleep at the hospital. Josh will be on call every 4 days, so Friday he'll be on call again. He gets 4 days off this month, a Saturday, a Sunday, and full weekend (Saturday & Sunday). Next month is also FPIS, so it will be the same schedule. I don't remember what's after that, but it's something outpatient with no call.
After Josh graduated from med school in 2004, he completed an internal medicine internship in San Antonio. This year is going to be sort of a repeat of that for him. For me I think it's more of a first, because I don't remember the last one very well. We had Anya in January that year, and I was very wrapped up in everything BABY! I guess that was good, because I was don't remember the schedule being that bad. He had 10 months of inpatient(on call) medicine that year! This year he'll only have 7 months, but he's looked ahead and is on call for a lot of holidays/birthdays. Christmas and Thanksgiving are decided by a lottery system, so we'll see what we get.
2 comments:
Good luck! At least the girls are older now and don't demand quite so much attention.
That is so funny - I remember thinking internship wasn't so bad either!! And Dan had 9 months of call or something. Then after flight medicine, 2nd year of internship, he had like 8 months of call and it killed me! Hope your year is good and yay for making some friends already and having fun with the girls. :)
Post a Comment