It's on her chest too. :(
the cutest blog on the block
Wednesday, April 1, 2009
Ally's Rash
My baby has a mean rash. I took her to the pediatrician today to confirm the diagnosis Doctor Daddy already made a week ago. She has Pityriasis Rosea. I really was hoping for a different answer, but no such luck. This rash is thought to occur after being exposed to a virus, and can take up to 6-12 weeks to clear up. It's not contagious, and there is no treatment for it, because of it's viral origins. Thankfully it doesn't seem to bother Ally, it just looks terrible. I bought some Eucerin Calming Creme for her, and tried it tonight thinking I was helping, but it must have burned because she just cried, and squirmed all over. Poor baby! I know this is really shallow, but we have Easter pictures scheduled Monday, and I really don't want that rash in the photos. Not to mention in all the pictures we will be taking on our Disney vacation at the end of this month. Maybe by then it will be gone, she's already had it for a little over a week. Take a look...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Poor baby! It does look pretty bad. Does it seem to bother her?
Oh my. Poor little thing. You would think science would have come up with a solution by now. Don't feel shallow about the pictures.
Poor Ally! Reese has eczema (mommy diagnosed). I've heard of the Rosea though. I hope she's over it quickly and it's not too painful!
OMG-I remember seeing the rash on her cheek last week. So sorry-hope it heels quickly.
Post a Comment