the cutest blog on the block

Saturday, April 18, 2009

Randomness



Anya & Skeeter
We have two cats, a boy named Skeeter, and a girl named Taft. Anya adores her cats, especially Skeeter Weeter. She is so excited when he sleeps with her. Tafty is not as nice, but will tolerate the girls. Anya keeps their bowls full of food & water, and loves to play with them. Ally loves the cats too, and can say both their names. Our neighbors have a cat that sits in the window, and Ally announces proudly "White Cat, White Cat" every time she sees it.

The girls in their sweaters our family friend, Pat Trahern, bought them.

Anya's Pet Dinosaur
Anya got an egg at Cracker Barrel that you put in water, and then in a couple of days the dino hatches out of it. She absolutely loved it! She would check on it several times a day, and got sooo excited when it started poking through. Now that it's out, she's been carrying it everywhere in her purse, and sleeping with it. She got one of these eggs awhile back from Grandma Naomi that she was also crazy about, but the dinosaur/lizard disappeared one day. Anya was sad, but truthfully I threw it in the trash. The lizard had lost it's tail, and the skin was sloughing off everywhere. I'm afraid this new "pet" is going to meet the same fate soon.



Ally's Obsession
Ally brushes her teeth probably 6 times a day. Every time she gets near the bathroom, I start hearing "eeth, eeth, eeth," and she persists until I get her toothbrush out and let her brush her teeth. It all sounds cute and harmless, right? It is until you realize that you've spent 3o minutes of your day standing there waiting for the ritual to end. She must have a drink too, which usually results in a wet shirt. If I say no, then I must endure high pitched crying for probably as long as it would have taken to just let her brush her teeth. When she's not brushing her teeth, she's washing her hands. She's not even potty trained, and I think she's in the bathroom more than anyone in the house.

No comments: