the cutest blog on the block

Friday, April 3, 2009

Ally Update

Thanks to everyone for all the well wishes! Unfortunately, Ally's rash seems to be spreading, it's starting down her arms, and is now on back of her legs. I think her face looks worse today as well! We are trying a steroid cream on a couple of spots just to see if it might help. She's doing fine though, it doesn't seem to bother her much, except for right under her arms where I pick her up. I'm trying to be very careful not to hurt her. Last night I gave her an oatmeal bath to try to soothe her skin, which by the way didn't help. I'm having a hard time with this "no treatment" diagnosis. I'll let you know if she improves. I'm still planning on getting pictures done. I may not buy many, but at least I'll have one to mark "The Spring of Pityriasis Rosea."

2 comments:

Karen said...

Someday when you have your third baby girl, you can name her Pityriasis Rosea.

Gerri said...

That is really funny, Karen.
Brandi,I'm glad you are still having the pictures taken. It will be a memory--maybe not the best of memories, but a memory.