As I mentioned before Josh was on call the day I had my “for fun” ultrasound, on call meaning he doesn’t get home the next day until about 1. My ultrasound was at 11:45 and he started texting me about 12:45 wanting to know the sex of the baby. I didn’t want to tell him the big news over the phone, so I kept putting him off.
With my family in town we had already made plans to meet up at the Magic House in St. Louis that day after I was done. So we headed over there, my mom calling family and sharing the news the whole way. We had lots of fun until about 5 o’clock, and since it was rush hour we decided to just hang around and have dinner. Poor Josh had been sending me messages all day long! I was so mean, I wouldn’t tell him a thing, except for he would have to wait until I could see him in person. He kept guessing, being silly saying things like you’re going to be the next octomom.
After dinner we went to Babies R Us. I wanted to find two little outfits to wrap up and give to Josh when I saw him. I got the cutest little newborn size sets, one that said little sister & one that said little brother. I put them in a gift bag along with the pictures I had from the ultrasound. I was glad to have the pictures and DVD because I knew he would be skeptical without proof.
I got to the hospital about 9 that evening, and had to wait for him to get out of the emergency room. I handed him the gift bag trying to contain my excitement. He opened it and pulled out the little girl outfit, and was like it’s a girl!? I said keep looking, and then he pulled out the little boy outfit. He looked confused for a minute, and then started smiling REALLY BIG. I said yes, it’s two, TWINS!!! He was thrilled, probably a lot more than I was at first. He said I wondered if it was twins, you were being SO WEIRD. I was surprised he wasn’t questioning me more, so I told him to look at the pictures. He studied the pictures and was like yep that’s definitely two. Then I think it really hit him. He looked very serious and said, “This is going to be expensive!” I was like no kidding, I’ve been thinking about it all day! About then Josh was called back to work, and I went home to “try” to sleep.
1 comment:
That's a great story! I'm sure the twins will enjoy hearing about that day when they are older. And I love your new blog background. spooky.
Post a Comment