Since the last time I updated my blog was in June, I think I’ll just start at the beginning…
We found out we were expecting baby #3 in April. It was a planned pregnancy but it still took awhile to really sink in that we were REALLY going to have another baby. I figured I would have at least a few months to get used to the idea before we actually got pregnant, but it seems that Josh and I are very fertile people.
At about 12 weeks I insisted that Josh squeeze me in on one of his clinic days to check on the baby because I still hadn’t been to a doctor. I went over lunch with both girls, and he quickly found one baby on ultrasound with a good heartbeat and that was that. The ultrasound lasted about 5 minutes. We were both happy and we went to lunch.
At 14 weeks I finally saw my doctor. It was a very uneventful appointment. I didn’t get a dating ultrasound, but I wasn’t too concerned because I was sure of my dates. I did get to hear the baby’s heartbeat, and was scheduled for another appointment at 17 weeks.
With that rapping up my 1st trimester let me say a little about how I was feeling and how it may have been different than my other pregnancies. I was really tired, I had food aversions, and I didn’t really feel like eating (I lost 15 lbs). My sense of smell was in overdrive often times making me nauseous. I felt a lot of bladder pressure, and starting have migraines about twice a week. Everything I felt was pretty much normal except for the “low” feeling causing the bladder pressure. I just attributed that to the fact that it was my 3rd pregnancy and things were stretched out. The migraines were also normal for me, but the frequency of them was much worse. With this pregnancy I would start to get a headache at night, then it would continue all the next day finally winding down late in the evening. With my other pregnancies I would get a migraine at worst once a week. All in all I felt it was a typical first trimester, and had no clue I was about to get a big surprise.
No comments:
Post a Comment