the cutest blog on the block

Saturday, January 23, 2010

Party Time Is Almost Here!

Anya's Birthday is on Thursday, the 28th. She'll be 5!!! I've been busy planning her party. It's a big one, well bigger than our usual family one, so it's a big deal for me. She has talked me into inviting all her preschool pals, a few MOPS kids, and then our regular Air Force friends as well. It should be around 26 kids, ? parents, and hopefully my parents will make it too.

We are having it in the children's center at the YMCA on Saturday. I chickened out of making the cake, and ordered one from a MOPS friend that has a cake business. It was way more than I thought it was going to be, so I hope it's fantastic. I'm going to make frog prince shaped cookies to serve as well, so I won't totally be off the hook.


Now all I have to do is patiently answer Anya when she asks for the millionth time how many days are left until her party!

5 comments:

Karen said...

Wish we could be there. Her present got there, didn't it?

Wilson Family said...

well i have to admit i think you're slightly psycho for having that many people!...but i'm glad we weren't left off the list :) we're very excited for it too and the kids are constantly asking me when the parties are. hey, let me know what i can do to help you...

Brandi said...

Hey Karen. I wish you guys could come too! We've had the present for a couple of weeks. Sorry I just kept forgetting to let you know.

Kelly,
You guys were pretty close to getting cut, but I thought what's a few more. I'm totally kidding- of course you're invited! Thanks for offering to help, I'll probably need it serving cake at the party. :)

Gerri said...

Brandi, we had McKenna (5) and Avery's(7) combined family party last night in Wichita. It was actually McKenna's birthday, so that was special. Their theme was The Princess and the Frog. I made the cake and it turned out pretty cute. Maybe Marla will post a picture, because I didn't get any. I ordered a cake topper of the Princess and she was holding the frog in her hand. Tell Anya Happy Birthday and having this party at the Y is a good idea especially with so many people. Jessica's wedding is this week-end. We are all excited and I can't wait to see how it turns out. Gerri

Brandi said...

Hi Gerri! I really was planning on making the cake, so I got what sounds like the same topper. I bought it from Walmart's bakery for $6.

I bet Jessica's wedding is going to be gorgeous!!

Tell everyone hi for me, and tell the girls Happy Birthday!!