the cutest blog on the block

Thursday, May 28, 2009

Two Houses Too Many

Josh's house hunting trip to St. Louis last month was a success, we will be renting a place for 3 years starting June 15. I haven't seen the house in person yet, but it looks pretty good in the pictures. It's a 3 bed/3 bath ranch style home with a basement. It's a little smaller than our house now, but I'm looking forward to the new layout, and not having so many stairs to deal with. Not all the houses he saw were great, one he viewed had so much clutter it was hard to walk around. When he got to the bedroom there was cat poop on the floor! Why would you show your house like that? Josh said he thought an alcoholic lived there because there were bottles of tequila everywhere. Here's the list of pros and cons he emailed to me after he saw the house...

Pro's: Ranch
Con's: Crazy cat lady house
I couldn't make it through the whole house
Funky smell
I needed shots once I left
Noise from the interstate


The kitchen minus the tequila bottles

I'll post some pictures of the house we are renting when we move in later this month. Josh didn't take any pictures of it, because there were lots on the website. Josh starts his family practice residency at Scott AFB (just southeast of St. Louis) on June 8, so he's leaving Sunday. The girls and I are staying for a while to take care of the house while it's on the market, and to visit Rolla one last time before we move further away. The moving company is coming June 29 whether the house has sold or not, and then we'll be off to our new home!

3 comments:

Marla said...

At first, I thought this was the pic of the house you picked! You need to post those pics, but this was very interesting...

Brandi said...

We don't have any pictures of the house we're renting. There was a really nice virtual tour on the website, and I was going to post a link to that, but it's gone now.

Ryan said...

I don't find it terribly funny that you posted pictures of our lovely home in Satanta under the guise of it being in St. Louis.

And that wasn't cat poop. We often lose control of our bowels after an all-night trip to Margaritaville. Laugh if you must, but a man's home is his castle, and I'm proud to say that I haven't cleaned mine since late 2001.

Your disgruntled brother