the cutest blog on the block

Thursday, May 7, 2009

This Week

The fun stuff...

We visited the animal shelter for fun. The girls love to do this, and never want to leave. Ally squealed with glee watching the baby kittens play. They both also love to watch the ferrets play.

We love to play Guitar Hero as a family. I thought Josh was such a dork for requesting this game for Christmas, but it really is fun to play. The girls both have little play guitars , and they will get out their drums too, and make a band. Ally usually just dances. Anya is learning to play on beginner, and is proud when she doesn't get booed off the stage.

We found this little bird nest in the fern hanging on our front porch.
Anya wants to check on the eggs everyday now.


The girls both had check-ups at the pediatrician's this week. They are both healthy happy girls, which I already knew. Ally's rash is much better, and hardly shows up at all in photos. She did get it on her scalp which is pretty yucky - think bad dandruff. Both girls are 90 percentile for their height and 75 percentile for their weight. Big girls! Anya refused to pee in a cup, even after I demonstrated. Geez! Ally refused to stand on the scale, and had to be forced down on the baby table to be weighed. The visit wasn't terrible, but not great either. Ally kept saying 'I scared," so I felt bad for her, Anya was just being a brat.
I had to go to the dentist on Wednesday. I had to get 2 crowns, and a wisdom tooth pulled. No fun! My jaw is still sore, and so is our bank account.

After much deliberation we decided that Josh was going on a last minute house hunting trip Friday and Saturday in St. Louis. He will be looking at several rental houses that we've been eyeing on the Internet. I really wanted to go, but decided it was best for the girls if we stayed home. They are still catching up on sleep from our vacation. If we all went we would have missed Anya's preschool singing in church Sunday, and I would have had to get someone to teach Sunday school.

I almost forgot the best part of the week, the homeowners association is making us redo our brand new $7000 roof, because we used the wrong shingle color. I don't know if I've mentioned this saga, but we have been pleading with the board for awhile now, and legally we are stuck. At this point it's just another lesson learned the hard way. My advice for anyone who lives under a homeowners associations rules, read the contract very thoroughly before you even think about making any changes to your home.

1 comment:

Karen said...

That so sucks that the homeowners association won't budge. You'll have to post some pictures of your house now that you're done with all your projects--I can tell from your guitar hero pic that the basement looks different.

Ryan is getting a root canal as I write this. Hopefully he won't need a new crown--our bank account is already sore, too!