We got home from our Disney vacation on Saturday evening. We had so much fun, and although we were all really tired, I would have loved another day or two there. We have so many pictures I don't know where to start. I think I'll work on that later. :)
On Saturday when we arrived we checked in at our condo, and then went to Downtown Disney to shop & eat. I wanted to buy Ally a princess costume to wear on the day Anya was going to the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique. I intended to get her Snow White, but she had her own ideas. She went straight for Tinker Bell, and wouldn't let go.
Then next day we had breakfast at the Magic Kingdom with Winnie the Pooh and friends. The food was really good, and Anya loved the characters and took pictures with all of them. Ally on the other hand clung to Josh in fear, and would play possum pretending to be asleep. We spent the whole day at the Magic Kingdom riding rides, seeing shows, watching parades, and finally seeing fireworks.
Monday we slept late, and went back to the Magic Kingdom in time for Anya's Princess Makeover. Anya took being a princess for the day very seriously, and was very careful not to get dirty. Later we headed over to Epcot for our dinner with the princesses. We got out Ally's costume, and she refused to wear it. Kids!! Anya was star struck at dinner, and totally believed that it was all real. Ally was even scared of the princesses!
Tuesday we went to the Animal Kingdom. We went on a safari, saw some great shows, had a really yummy lunch at the Tusker House, and scared the kids to death at a Bug's Life 3D movie. That night we went swimming at the pool.
Wednesday we went to Hollywood Studios and spent the day seeing shows mostly. Josh got in a really cool roller coaster, and we had lunch at a fun 50's diner. The girls also loved playing at the Honey I Shrunk the Kids play ground. We went back to Epcot in the evening to see the Nemo stuff, and eat at Germany.
Thursday we went back to the Magic Kingdom, and then to Disney's Typhoon Lagoon water park in the afternoon. The girls had a love/hate relationship with the wave pool. They had a blast until it would knock them down. That night we went to Mickey's Backyard Barbeque at the Wilderness Lodge. I was expecting the characters to put on a show, but it was more of a country dance hall kind of thing with the characters dancing with the kids. The girls loved it.
Friday we had breakfast at the Polynesian resort with Lilo, Stitch, Mickey, and Pluto. The resort was beautiful, and it felt like we were in Hawaii. The food was really good too! By this time Ally had gotten used to the characters somewhat, and could say Mickey, but she still wasn't taking pictures with them. After breakfast we went off to Sea World. The girls loved the dolphin show, and we fed sea lions. I think Sea World might have been Ally's favorite park. That evening we had dinner at the T-Rex restaurant at Downtown Disney. It was such a neat place for kids, and they even had a Build a Dino store like Build-a-Bear.
It was such a fun vacation. We all had our moments of meltdown, some more than others, but I think we made a lot of really great memories. Sorry about that Ally, I promise we'll go back when you are older!
1 comment:
Sounds like fun!
Post a Comment