the cutest blog on the block

Friday, February 6, 2009

Disney World!!


We're going to Disney World!!! Josh has been working really hard, using his vacation time to make money moonlighting outside the Air Force, so we decided to use some of that hard earned cash for a vacation. We're going the end of April. So far we got our plane tickets, hotel, and a couple of character dining reservations. We're going to buy the park tickets at the gate, because active duty military can get a 5 day park hopper pass free at Disney World! We can get our park tickets discounted too, and Ally is free, so really it's just Anya and I that are paying. We got our hotel through some military vacation club Josh heard about for $330 for the week. It's an amazing deal, because the place is close by, it's a resort with several pools, golf, and a private lake with a beachy area. The best part is that our room is a suite with a separate bedroom, so we don't have to all go to bed at 8:00 every night. :) Now I'm trying to decide if we want to take Anya to the bibbi bobbi boutique, and let her get made up like a princess. It's not too expensive as long as you bring your own costume. I feel sort of bad for Ally though, because she's too young to go. Disney also has a princess tea party that sounds fun, and we could all go, but it's pricey. I'm not sure it's worth it. Josh and I both went to Disney World on our senior trips, but I really don't remember much about the Magic Kingdom. I enjoyed Epcot, and Hollywood Studios the most - now they have Animal Kingdom too. It's been surprisingly a lot of work to plan our trip, but I'm so happy that we are going! I know the girls will have a blast.

3 comments:

Gerri said...

Brandi,
So glad you are getting to do this. It hopefully will make the packing and cleaning and moving easier. My dream is to take the girls and their families. We went with Michelle's youth group when we lived in Kentucky. Only 1 day at Magic Kingdom and Marla was in the 2nd grade. Michelle went on her senior trip and I think she and Kevin went as a side trip while in Kenutcky. Have a great time.
Gerri

Anonymous said...

Do you get Parents magazine? There's an article on ways to save money at Disney world.

Brandi said...

Hey Karen. I don't get Parents magazine, but I would love to see that article. Save it for me if you think about it. Thanks