In April we started swimming lessons. I enrolled both girls in pre-pike, the very beginner level, since we had never done any sort of formal lessons before. Anya was thrilled to be going to the pool every week! Allyson just went along. Although now that’s it’s all over Ally talks about swimming lessons all the time, so I think she was really having fun. During the lessons they wore floatation belts which I was glad for, especially for Allyson. She really has just started to be able to coordinate her movements while wearing a life jacket. Anya did quite well and is starting to swim on her own now without any sort of floaty help. She is still very apprehensive about going out on her own, which is probably my doing because I’ve always insisted that she wear a life jacket & preached to her about water safety. I’m pushing her & myself now to let go and see what she can do. They both passed, Ally to Pike & Anya jumped up to Eel, so I’m going to enroll them again in July at the outdoor pool.
Both girls are currently playing T-Ball through the Y. Allyson just turned 3 in March you know, so I’m not quite sure what I was thinking when I signed her up for an organized sport! I think it’s just that I don’t want her to be left out being the 2nd child and all that sometimes I overcompensate. This is Anya’s first time playing T-Ball too and she’s 5. Anya's been kind of hot or cold with the whole thing. Some days she’s excited to go to T-Ball, others she complains that I signed her up. I feel like I can’t win with her. Ally was really excited to start T-Ball, but once again she doesn’t really have the stamina to finish it through. I have to stay with her a lot of the time to make sure she’s doing what she’s supposed to be doing. They've had their first few games now and it's so cute watching all those little ones so proud to hit and ball & then just standing there forgetting to run. It's been crazy, but fun!
No comments:
Post a Comment